Saturday, February 4, 2012

Craigslist Challenge

I challenged myself to take a bedroom designed by Sarah Richardson (the master bedroom on season 2 of Sarah's House) and re-create the room using Craigslist finds.


I found a headboard (which came with 2 night tables and a bed frame) for $100!


I also found a similar chandelier for $100, pair of chairs (with ottoman) for $200 and a dresser (which came with 2 night stands-shown in picture below, a headboard and a bed frame and a large mirror) for $300!!

Lastly, I found a pair of lamps for $60. Not exactly what I was hoping to find, but replace the shade with something more current and they would look great!

On the show she gives herself a budget of $11,000 for the room (including construction). My price tag (minus accessories) = $760 total and their are several items that are included with the finds but would not be necessary in the room and could resold to make back some of that money!