Thursday, July 28, 2011

French Bistro Kitchen

For a long time now I have loved the idea of a french bistro style kitchen. Unfortunately for me, bistro and cottage don't mix so I have been waiting (patiently) for the right house/apartment to have it. I tried to bring in the bistro style with the apartment but it is missing some of the key elements which are:

1) an old butcher block island


2) lots of copper and wood accents


3) exposed brick


4) black, wood & metal, round stool (similar to below minus the back)


5) dark coloured cabinetry


6) a large chalkboard


I have already started collecting the copper accents. At this point I have an antique kettle, watering can and candle holder. I also found an old butcher block island at a local antique store for $400... which is a good price for one in that good of condition.

One day...