As it turns out, we will have our apartment in Montreal for longer then we origionally thought, so we have decided to make some changes.
First- Although the above loveseat was given to us for free it is very small and not that comfortable. In its place, we are moving our old living room sofa (below) down which has been sitting in storage for the last few months.
Second- I am going to try my hand at slipcovering. The chair (below) is older and has seen better days- the arms and bottom cushion are ripped. I have found some great instructions for a fitted DIY slipcover. Although the instructions are for a reading chair, I believe they can be adapted for my chair. Also the cost on the instruction page is much higher then necessary ($120). The last time I was at Fabricland I found a cream 100% cotton upholstery fabric for $10 a yard (and it regularly goes on sale for substantially less).
I should have some after photos in a few weeks...