Friday, October 28, 2011

Montreal Apartment Update

I think it is safe to say that my October challenge of one post per day is over... a little early. Blogging takes a lot of time and I just don't have it on a daily basis. So back to my intermittent- flights of fancy- blogging...

Now that I am spending more time in our apartment in Montreal, I have made some more changes (shocking!).

1. We brought up our old 3-seater sofa for the living room. By keeping the previous furniture and adding the new sofa we now have more than enough room for lots of people to sit or for the 2 of us to be comfortable.



2. We brought up our old dining set. I recovered the chair cushions and touched up any scratches that the set may have gotten during its year in the garage or during the move. Now we have a proper dining area.


3. We bought a large carpet runner to cover the pathetic tiles in the kitchen. I have no intention of replacing the broken tiles or re-grouting so the only option left- cover them up. The runner is the IKEA Egeby rug and at almost 3'x8' it covers more than enough of the kitchen floor.